- HSR is part of California’s plan to decarbonize
- Station design can increase not just numbers of rail passengers but active travel
- Placemaking is a key component of station planning for HSR
- Station design can improve wider town planning, prevent urban sprawl and protect agriculture
- Margaret Cederoth, California High-Speed Rail Authority's director of planning and sustainability, is an urban planner with over 20 years of experience in sustainable infrastructure, land use, and transportation planning in the United States and across the world.
- Alasdair Dawson, Steer North America Regional Director, member of Steer’s global Executive leadership team.
- Tim Gallagher, Steer Journalist.
Related topics: Active transport, Cities & places, Developments & real estate, New Mobility, Rail, Urban transport